Sunday, September 15, 2013

Metal Bed Frame Makeover

Ever since I moved in April, I have been on the lookout for a queen bed frame for my guest room.  The mattress and box spring have been living on the floor.  The only one in my house who likes this is my dog, who thinks it's his own personal bed.

Luckily, a relative was looking to get rid of a queen bed frame, and this is what I acquired:















I decided to use my trusty spray paint and make the bed look more like the cast iron beds you see in Pottery Barn magazines.

I used the following materials:

Flat black spray paint for the body of the frame and then metallic silver for the four ball posts.











Below are a series of "during" photos.  I spray painted one side, all hardware, then let it dry for about 2-3 hours.  I flipped everything over, painted the back side, let it dry for a couple more house, then brought everything inside overnight.  I used about two coats on each side.





The next day, I needed to do some minor touch ups to any area that wasn't completely black.




Once everything was completely dry (24 hours later)
the bed was ready to be assembled.

  I love the way the bed looks in our guest room-  upcycling at its finest!


 
If you come across anything brassy (bed frame, light fixtures, etc.), that you'd like to update, 
I would highly recommend using a matte spray paint for the job!


Thanks for reading!

Keep Improving,
Nancy


2 comments:

  1. If you want an extra-strong metal bed frame that will prevent sagging of your mattress and ensure extended mattress life, then the Zinus Modern Studio Platform 3000H Mattress Foundation is one of the best options. It’s stylish, stable, supportive, comfortable, and durable. You can use the spring foam, latex, and memory foam mattresses on it. Added headboard will provide extra support and comfort to the users.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. Thank you for caring about your content. portable guest bed

    ReplyDelete