Saturday, August 31, 2013

Wine Bottle Vase

This tutorial shows how wine bottles can be easily transformed into vases after you've enjoyed your grapes!  After seeing this on Pinterest, I began saving my empties instead of recycling them.  The only materials needed: bottles, spray paint, and rubber bands.  That's it!




When I use spray paint, I do it outside because the fumes can get pretty outrageous even in my open basement.

1) Place your rubber band(s) around the bottle in the desired design.  I placed one at the bottom of the bottle and made a figure eight on the body of the bottle with the other (see both sides of the vase in the final photos at bottom of post).

2) Begin spray painting in the color of your choice (I chose dark steel, but gold and bronze would also look great).

3) Let your vase dry, then *carefully* remove the rubber band.  The paint tends to peel, so slowly remove the band.

4) Add fresh flowers and display your up-cycled piece of artwork!
 
Hydrangeas look great in the vase
So do asters!























Thanks for reading- I hope I've inspired you to up-cycle something of your own for a fresh new look!  If you like it, Pin It!

Keep Improving!
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment